- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup very strong black coffee
- 1 cup buttermilk or sour milk (I have used regular whole milk and it tasted just fine)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 13"x9"x2" glass baking pan.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and beat with an electric mixer at medium speed for about 2 minutes or until fully combined.
- Pour into the pan and bake in a preheated oven until a knife inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean, about 35-40 minutes.
Trust me, you don't need icing with this one! But you might need a glass of milk.