Frittatas are a cheap and easy thing to throw together for breakfast. You can basically use whatever you have in your fridge to switch it up. The standard frittata is made in a large skillet. Making them in muffin tins makes this fun for the kids.
1/3 cup milk
2 chorizo sausages
1 tablespoon butter
3 flour tortillas, cut into bite size pieces
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Remove chorizo from casing, form small balls and place in a small skillet. Cook on high heat about 5-8 minutes, or until no longer pink stirring regularly.
3. In another small skillet add butter and flour tortillas. Lightly brown the tortillas for about 5 minutes stirring regularly. Do not allow to burn.
4. Whisk the eggs, milk, pepper, and salt in a large bowl. Stir in the chorizo, tortillas, and cheese.
5. Fill muffin cups almost to the top with the egg mixture. Bake until the egg mixture puffs and is set in the center, about 10 to 12 minutes.
6. Frittatas should come out of the muffins tin easily with a fork or rubber spatula. Serve immediately.