1 Pack large Italian Sausages (mild) (I actually use hot but a lot of people whine about that)
1 box seasoned stuffing (with out mix)
1 white onion, chopped
Carrots to taste
Bunch of celery chopped
5 cans chicken broth
1 stick of butter
* Remove the casing from the sausage and separate into pan
* In a large saucepan over medium heat, add olive oil, brown the sausages until still just pink inside. Be careful not to overcook. Discard oil and put sausage aside.
* In another saucepan, melt 1/2 stick of butter. Add carrots, salt and pepper. Cook till carrots soften.
* Add onion, celery and garlic and cook until all is soft.
* Add one can of chicken broth
*Allow meat and veggies to cool.
* Place the stuffing mix in a large bowl and slowly and gently add the sausage/veggie mix. Do not over-mix or the stuffing will turn mushy. If the stuffing seems dry, add more chicken broth.
* Place the stuffing mix in baking pan.
Bake for 45 minutes. If stuffing is still too moist, continue cooking. If it's too dry, add some chicken broth and cook until satisfied. Uncover and cook for 5 min to crisp top.
This can be made vegetarian by substituting vegetable broth for chicken broth and eliminating the sausage. You will need more broth since you will not have the fat from the sausage.