I am sorry Cooking Light but you really missed the bar with this one. The vinegar was an awful addition. It ruined the entire dressing. The raw garlic made the dressing far too spicy, it would have been so much better with a hint of roasted garlic. There was not nearly enough buttermilk flavor. I mark this recipe as a failure. I think later this week I will remake this recipe with my personal twist on it, and update you from there.
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (1 1/4-pound) head iceberg lettuce, trimmed and cut into 6 wedges
- 24 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1-inch pieces fresh chives (optional)
1. Place first 9 ingredients in a blender; process 45 seconds or until herbs are finely chopped.
2. Place 1 lettuce wedge on each of 6 plates. Drizzle each wedge with 3 tablespoons dressing; top each serving with 8 tomato halves. Divide onion evenly among servings. Garnish with chive pieces, if desired.