1-32 ounce package tater tots
1 pound ground beef
1-8 ounce can of tomato sauce
1-6 ounce can tomato paste
2 tablespoons ketchup
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon mustard
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
4 hamburger buns
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. In a large skillet cook ground beef seasoned with garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Drain excess fat.
3. Stir in tomato sauce, tomato paste, ketchup, water, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Arrange tater tots in a single layer in a baking pan. Bake for 12 minutes.
5. Pour sloppy joe mixture over the tater tots. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve on buns.