15 jumbo pasta shells
1 1/4 cup ground turkey
1 can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
4 ounces cream cheese
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 onion, chopped
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 cups pepper jack cheese, shredded
1 tomato, diced
1 small can red enchilada sauce
sour cream (optional)
green onions, chopped (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add shells and cook 8 minutes or until al dente.
3. Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and saute for about 2 minutes. Add in turkey and season with salt, pepper, chili powder and cumin. Cook until no longer pink about 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat.
4. Stir in pinto beans, cream cheese and a cup of pepper jack cheese.
5. Fill shells with meat mixture. Arrange shells filled side up in a baking dish. Pour enchilada sauce over the top, then sprinkle with remaining pepper jack cheese and tomatoes.
6. Bake for 25 minutes. Garnish with sour cream and onions.