4 cups strawberries, finely chopped with juice
3 cups flour
1 1/2 cups plus 3 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup vegetable oil
1 1/4 cups pecans, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray two 9x5 loaf pans with cooking spray.
2. Sprinkle chopped strawberries with a tablespoon of sugar and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine flour, 1 1/2 cups sugar, cinnamon, salt and baking soda. Blend in oil, vanilla, eggs and strawberries. Then stir in pecans.
4. Pour batter evenly into two loaf pans. Sprinkle a tablespoon of sugar over the top of each loaf.
5. Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.