4-5 overripe bananas
1 cup sugar
2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup cocoa powder
3/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 9 by 5 inch loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
3. Mash 2 of the bananas with a fork in a small bowl so they still have a bit of texture.
4. Whip the remaining bananas and sugar together for 3 minutes.
5. Stir in the melted butter, eggs, and vanilla.
6. Mix in the dry ingredients.
7. Fold in the mashed bananas, nuts, and chocolate chips with a rubber spatula. Pour the batter into the loaf pan.
8. Bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
9. Cool the bread in the pan for 10 minutes, and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.