1/4 cup warm water
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2-3.4 ounce package instant vanilla pudding mix
1 cup warm milk
1 tablespoon white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 cups bread flour
1-.25 ounce package active dry yeast
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3/4 cup chopped pecans
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 teaspoons milk
1. In a large bowl stir together warm water, melted butter and tablespoon of white sugar. Once combined add in yeast. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and allow yeast to foam.
2. Meanwhile in a small bowl stir together pudding mix, warm milk and egg. Add pudding to the yeast mixture and stir well. Then mix in salt and flour.
3. Form dough into a ball. Let rise in a warm place for an hour.
4. Place dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll into a large rectangle, approximately 17x10 inches. Spread with 1/4 cup softened butter then sprinkle with brown sugar, cinnamon and pecans.
5. Roll up dough, beginning with long side. Slice into 12 one inch slices and place in 9x13 buttered pan. Let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake 20 to 25 minutes.
7. While cinnamon rolls bake, stir together cream cheese, 1/4 cup butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla and milk. Remove rolls from oven and top with frosting.