1 3-pound beef chuck roast
3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 package dry onion soup mix
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can of water
4 small potatoes, quartered
1 large carrot, quartered in 3 inch pieces
1. In a large skillet heat oil over medium high heat. Season roast with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Brown the roast in the skillet about 3 minutes on each side or until browned.
2. In the slow cooker, mix cream of mushroom soup, dry onion soup mix and water. Place pot roast in slow cooker and coat with soup mixture.
3. Cook on high for 4 to 5 hours, or on low for 8 to 9 hours.
4. About 2 hours before the roast is done, preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Place the potatoes in a large baking dish. Season with salt, pepper and rosemary. Cook for 30-45 minutes until the potatoes just start to brown. Add the potatoes and carrots to the roast for the last hour of cooking.
5. Remove roast and vegetables. Serve the roast and vegetables topped with the gravy.