1.09.2008

Slow cooker ribs with recipe update




I have included pictures of the main ingredients below so you can know what you are looking for at the store

Anyway I used my crock pot and I bought the Reynolds slow cooker bags. They kick major ass people. Especially since I don't feel like cleaning right now.

Here is my recipe it is for a half slab not a full slab, for full slab double recipe but I don't know how it would fit in the slow cooker

1/2 slab pork spare ribs cut into two halves (about 3-4 ribs on each piece)
1/2 bottle Sweet Baby Rays Original sauce
1/2 bottle Sweet Baby Rays Hickory & Brown Sugar sauce
1/2 bottle Lawry's Baja Chipotle Marinade
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup pineapple juice
1 ring of pineapple
.5 tbsp salt
.5 tbsp pepper
1 tbsp McCormicks Grillmates Spicy Montreal seasoning
1 tbsp McCormicks Grillmates Pork Rub
1 can Bud Lite

Combine all ingredients besides ribs and pineapple ring in slow cooker in off position. Mix well. Add ribs and turn in sauce several times. Put pineapple ring on top. Turn on low for 2 hours. Open and stir ribs and rotate top to bottom. Replace lid and turn to high for two hours. Ribs will be done. Please note, my husband does not like his ribs falling off the bone, he likes them tender but he still likes to pick up the bone and chew the meat off. This cooking method will give you chewy yet extremely tender ribs. If you prefer yours to fall off the bone you need to cook them all day on low!

**Updated to add: Tonight I made these and I guess I had run out of pineapple juice. I substituted for apple juice and the ribs were just as delicious.

I served these with my potato salad.



No comments: