3 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, chopped
5 garlic cloves, chopped
1 tablespoon salt
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon oregano
2 tablespoon tomato paste
1 chipotle chile in adobo, chopped, plus 1 tablespoon sauce
1 1/4 pound ground turkey
1 1/2 Mexican style beers
2 cans fire roasted diced tomatoes
2 cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, salt, chili powder, and oregano and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
2. Stir in the tomato paste and the chipotle chile and sauce, cook 1 minute.
3. Add the turkey, and cook until the meat is no longer pink, about 3 to 5 minutes.
4. Add the beer and simmer until reduced by about half, about 8 minutes.
5. Add the tomatoes and the beans, bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until thick, about 10 minutes.
6. Serve the chili topped with your favorite garnishes, cheese, sour cream, onion, tortilla chips or crackers.