2.25.2009

Curry chicken over rice


1 large white onion diced
2 tomatoes diced
1 cup vegetable broth
1 can 13 oz coconut milk
1/2 tsp salt
5 tbsp curry powder (mild)
2 lbs chicken bone in skin on
Pam cooking spray
3 cups cooked white rice

Heat broth over medium low heat in a deep pan. Dice onion and add it to the broth. Dice tomato and add to the broth. Open coconut milk. You may have to stir it some as the top tends to settle into a thick cream. Add coconut milk to pan, along with salt and curry powder. Stir together with a whisk. While sauce cooks down and thickens season chicken with salt and pepper. Coat a separate sauté pan with Pam and place chicken in pan skin side down. Cook over medium heat until chicken browns. Flip and repeat. Once chicken is done, add it to your curry sauce, cover and simmer on low until sauce is thin and onions are soft. Serve over a bed of white or brown rice. I actually topped it with basil but I did that after I put it on the table so I didn't get pictures. The fresh basil totally rocked.

I also think it would work well to use diced up boneless skinless chicken in this recipe.

Detailed pictures and instructions below..bonus: How to dice an onion!

Printable recipe to follow






















Check out that brown color









Printable recipe click to enlarge or save to desktop

2 comments:

Mrs. J said...

I am now hungrrrrrryyyy!!!! I put potatoes and peas with my curry. I have yet to try tomatoes, nice idea.

Anonymous said...

I used this recipe and it turned out delicious! Thank you :)