11.21.2009

Big kid french toast

Four year old french toast

The other morning Brandon wanted french toast but I had no eggs. I hemmed and hawed for a while until I spotted the graham crackers. And low, the best french toast ever was born.

(Yield one serving)
1 whole graham cracker mashed
1/4 cup milk
1.5 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp butter
.25 tsp vanilla extract
1 slice Wonder Bread
(yes, if I am making this ghetto of a breakfast only Wonder Bread will work)

First you put the graham cracker in a bag and pulverize it. Pour that on a plate and put .5 tsp of cinnamon and .5 tbsp sugar in it. Stir it up. On a second plate ad milk, .5 tsp cinnamon, vanilla and remaining sugar. Mix it up. Pour your syrup in a microwave safe bowl, add cinnamon and butter and nuke for about 15 seconds. Stir it up until butter is good an mixed in. Pre-heat non stick pan to about medium low. Quickly dunk bread in your cinnamon milk mixture and then roll both sides in your graham cracker concoction. Spray your pan with nonsick spray and away we go. I flipped mine about four times so it didn't burn and got super crispy. When you are done, cut it up and pour your sinful buttery syrup right over the top. Then watch the look on your four year olds face when his taste buds explode.

Now. I'm sure your asking why I put butter in the syrup. The answer is, IT TASTE GOOD. When I was small and I would eat Eggos (remember I said I'm ghetto) I always loved to find the buttery part of my waffle and swirl it in the syrup making a buttery syrup to dunk the rest in. Try it, and then comment below to tell me I'm right Mmmkay!

Next. Graham crackers on french toast PURE GENIUS. It was so crispy and cinnamony that I almost stole Brandons breakfast and ran away.

My favorite part of this, your kid can totally help you. Then can mash, and mix, and dunk and roll. Basically they only need you for the hot pan part.

So, why are you still here, go make your kids the best breakfast ever so you can be a hero mom for a day!




Right now is a great time to mix up the graham crackers and dunk your finger in to "taste" a few times.










Oh baby, look at the way the sugar caramelized whoo boy I wanted to lick that shit up!


I may or may not have added a hint of whip cream to make it even more sinful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice read. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did any one hear that some chinese hacker had hacked twitter yesterday again.