11.15.2009

Granola Bars

INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cups Rice Krispies
2 cups oats
1 cup craisins
1/2 cup pecans
1/2 cup white chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large pot melt the butter over low heat. Once melted, remove from the heat and stir in the sugar, honey, flour, vanilla extract, and cinnamon. Then add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
3. Pour the mixture to the baking pan. Press the granola firmly into the pan, packing it to a flat and even thickness.
4. Bake for 20 minutes, until golden brown. Cool for an hour in the pan before cutting into bars.

2 comments:

Carolin said...

I'm wondering if you could to this without the sugar, of if you need it for the stickyness??

My son is not doing very well with sugar so I try to cut it out of most of the recipes.. but this ones sounds great.. I will try it, thanks

Anonymous said...

It is very interesting for me to read this article. Thanks for it. I like such topics and everything connected to them. I definitely want to read more soon.