3.22.2018

Yellow curry roasted cauliflower & chickpeas

 I was looking for something new to mix with my lentils this week.  My friend sent me a recipe for a chicken curry that I modified.  This was a quick and easy dinner dish to make.

INGREDIENTS
1 Can chickpeas drained & rinsed
1 Head cauliflower roughly chopped
4 Small yukon gold potatoes quartered
1/2 Can coconut milk
2 Tbsp yellow curry powder
2 Tbsp olive oil
Salt
Pepper

Preheat oven to 375.  On a roasting pan combine chickpeas, cauliflower, potatoes, salt, pepper, olive oil & half of curry powder.  Toss until evenly coated.  Roast for 20-35 minutes until tender.  In a large sauté pan combine half can of coconut milk & remaining curry powder over high heat. Whisk until combined.  Continue whisking for one minute.  Reduce heat, and simmer on low.  Once veggies are done, add them to curry coconut milk, and toss until combined.  Serve as is, or on a bed of red lentils.  

This week I made this with my favorite red lentils as a side dish, to pack for lunch.  I added 4 diced carrots to the lentils before putting them in the Instapot, to give the dish a sweet flavor. It's been a great, filling vegan meal.








No comments: