10.08.2007

Slow Cooked Spanish Chicken

INGREDIENTS
2 1/2 pounds chicken breasts
1 medium white onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbl ground cumin
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2 small cans El Pato Mexican tomato sauce
1 small can Rosaritas enchilada sauce (red)
1/2 cup water

DIRECTIONS
1. Spray inside of crock pot with cooking spray. Place all ingredients in the crock pot except for enchilada sauce.
2. Cook on low heat for about 8 hours. Stir chicken with a fork, this will easily shred the chicken. Add the enchilada sauce and cook another hour.
3. Stir again and serve. Serve with Spanish rice, or use for burritos or tacos.


NOTE: To speed up the recipe cook on high heat for 5-6 hours.

4 comments:

Mrs. F said...

Yummm, if this tastes as good as it looks, I am going to be in heaven. I think I will put this on the menu for tomorrow and we will have Thursday Taco night...Yay! Thanks for the recipe! I will report back how it turns out :)

Mrs. F said...

I made this for my hubs taco party, err, I mean birthday party on Saturday, and can I just tell you that this was a huge hit! I have had three people call me up and ask me for the recipe. Basically, you rocked at my party. Thanks a million.

Anonymous said...

what Spanish country did this come from???

Unknown said...

Um. I am doing a project for school and have to have the origins of my recipe i really like this recipe and would like to know where it came from