4 (4 to 6 ounce) tilapia fillets
2 pounds purple potatoes, peeled and very thinly sliced
2 tablespoons butter
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Season tilapia with salt and pepper.
3. Top each fillet with enough potato slices to completely cover the surface of the fish, overlaying the potatoes like shingles. Sprinkle the potatoes with salt, pepper and rosemary.
4. Heat a large, oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Add about 1 tablespoon olive oil and the butter. When the butter is melted and the oil is hot add the fish, potato side down. Cook until the potatoes start to brown and crisp, about 5 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, place remaining sliced potatoes on a cookie sheet. Season with a small amount of olive oil, salt, pepper, and rosemary.
6. Place sheet of potatoes and skillet in the oven. Bake until the fish is cooked through, about 10 to 12 minutes.
7. Serve the fish potato side up sprinkled with fresh chives, along with the potato crisps on the side.
CAUTION: REMEMBER THE SKILLET IS HOT!!! PLACE A POT HOLDER OVER THE HANDLE SO YOU DON’T BURN YOURSELF. The first time I made this dish, not thinking, I grabbed the skillet while plating. Needless to say, the entire dish ended up on the floor and we had bowls of cereal for dinner instead.