10.27.2008

Mouth watering ribs


I've always done my ribs in the crock pot but today I felt like trying something new. My husband ate this and declared them perfect. So much so that he said he could have eaten just ribs for dinner and didn't even need the rice, corn, mushrooms or garlic bread. Here is tonight's recipe.

Rub
3 Tsp McCormick Pork rub
1 Tsp red paper flake
1 Tsp rib seasoning (mine had some nutmeg, cayenne and other good things)
1 Tsp garlic powder
1 Tsp pepper
2 Tsp brown sugar
2 Tsp adobo powder (I use Goya)

4 Tbsp lemon juice
4 Tbsp soy sauce

Preheat oven to 300. Place ribs on large cookie sheet. Combine rub and dust half of ribs with rub. Pour half of lemon juice and soy sauce over ribs. Cover with foil and bake 2.5 hours. Flip ribs (I needed two sets of tongs) and season with remaining rub and pour remaining sauce over. Cook another 2 hours. Remove foil, flip and cook for 20 minutes on low or warm to allow ribs to get a crispy top. Cut up and serve. The inside should be juicy and soft with a delicious crunchy outside!




1 comment:

Constance the 14,000th said...

my husband wants to marry you.