2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
3 cups oil for frying, or as needed
1. In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in milk, and mix until the dough comes together. Add more flour if necessary to be able to handle the dough.
2. On a floured surface, knead the dough until smooth, at least 5 minutes. Let the dough rest for 5 minutes.
3. Heat oil in a deep skillet over high heat. Oil should be about 1 1/2 inches deep.
4. Break off 3/4 cup sized pieces of dough, and shape into round discs 1/4 inch in thickness, making a thinner depressed area in the center. Fry breads in the hot oil until golden on both sides, turning only once. Drain on paper towels.
FRY BREAD TACOS
1 pound taco meat
1. Top fry bread with beans, taco meat, cheese, lettuce and tomato or your favorite taco toppings.
FRY BREAD SOPAPILLAS
1. Sprinkle fry bread with cinnamon and sugar and top with honey or jam.