9.15.2007

Things I can't live without..aka things in my fridge I can't spell

  • Unsalted sticks of butter, one must always be softened.
  • Fresh shredded Parmesan cheese (I'm offended by the stuff with the green lid)
  • At least two kinds of breads, usually a whole wheat and then a sourdough or french
  • Some kind of pasta
  • Garlic (whole cloves)
  • A variety of tomatoes
  • Cheetos (for my son)
  • Cheese, usually a cheddar, swiss, provolone and mozzarella (at least two are always molded because I always forget them)
  • Bacon for my husband
  • Ice cream
  • Fresh basil
  • Eggs
  • Chicken with skin on and off
  • Tortilla chips
  • Beans
  • Onion
  • Cous Cous
  • Olive oil
  • Deli turkey
  • Pepperocini
  • Sour Cream
  • Shelled, roasted, salted sun flower seeds
  • Potatoes

These are all things I have to have. Why? Because they are a base for some quick easy meals. Pasta with butter and parm, pasta with olive oil, tomatoes, garlic, and parm. Egg sammies, Specialty grilled cheese sammies. A quick salad with pepperocinis, cheese and seeds on it. Tacos or burritos. Taco salad. BLT's. Fries, roasted potatoes, mashed potatoes with shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream, hash browns, baked potatoes. Roasted chicken, fried chicken, chicken tacos. Chicken cream pasta. The possibilities are endless here people. All you need is a few basic ingredients and an eye for putting flavors together and you can have a ton of different meals right on hand.

No comments: