4.10.2008

Taco salad



So using Lisa's recipe for slow cooked spanish chicken I made these salads with the left overs. (Also please note, I can't handle spice near as good as her so I reduced the cayenne pepper to 1 tsp down from a tbsp and it is much more reasonable, she is out of her damn mind)
This will make two good size taco salads

2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
2 cups shredded fresh baby spinach
1 avocado cubed
1.5 tomatoes chopped
1.5 cups monteray jack cheese shredded
3 green onions chopped
1/4 yellow onion chopped
1/4 cup black olives chopped
Tortilla chips for dunking
4 tbsp sour cream
aprx 3 cups left over chicken with sauce

In bowl combine 1 cup romain with one cup spinach. Top with half of all veggies then add chicken and about 3 tbsp sauce, chips and sour cream. I like to make little rows of each veggie so you can kind of create each bite how you want it. My husband likes to create a different bite on each chip.

No comments: