7.20.2014

California Bacon Avocado Pizza with Avocado cream sauce


Ingredients

Avocado Cream Sauce
 1/4 Cup mayo (I use vegan Just Mayo)
1/4 Cup sour cream
2-4 Tbsp non fat milk
1/2 white onion rough chopped
2 Cloves garlic
4 Tbsp fresh cilantro
1 Avocado
Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
Salt & Pepper

Crust
Any thin crust pizza crust you like
3 Cloves of garlic 
2-3 Tbsp Olive oil 

Pizza toppings
6 Pieces of bacon cooked crispy and crumbled
1 Avocado cubed
1-2 Tomatoes cubed
1/4 Red onion sliced thin
1.5 Cups Shredded Five Cheese Italian Blend

Directions
Preheat oven per crust directions (I tried using puff pastry as my crust and it made me so angry I decided to just tell you to use any thin crust recipe, or premade crust you like.  In a small blender or food processor (I used smallest container on my bullet) combine olive oil and garlic and blend until the garlic is finely chopped.  Brush garlic mixture all over entire crust and bake on cookie sheet or pizza stone for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Add cheese to all of crust except the edges and bake until bubbly. If possible remove crust from pan and bake straight on oven rack until cheese has melted.

While crust is baking combine all ingredients for the avocado sauce in a blender (the same one from the garlic olive oil is fine) and blend until smooth. Add milk as needed until you reach your desired consistency.  I wanted my drizzleable (What that's a word).  Attempt to not eat sauce with a spoon.  

Once crust is complete top with crumbled bacon, tomatoes, thin sliced onions and then drizzle with the sauce.

Please note.  The 6 slices of bacon is an increase from the 4 I started with.  My husband would like me to note that a better portion would be an entire package of bacon.  This is your choice.  Also if you will be eating this as left overs I would leave the tomato, avocado, and sauce off until you have re-heated it the next day.  You will notice I only dressed one side of my pizza so it could be reheated for my husbands lunch the next day.  He added the cold toppings to it once it came out of his toaster oven at work





No comments: