10.22.2008

Crash Hot Potatoes

This was my final recipe from Pioneer Woman. I think my husband wants to buy her diamonds just to thank her for all the great food she taught me to make. Tonight I made CRASH! HOT POTATOES. They were fucking awesome. The only problem I see with this recipe is that if you have any extra potatoes after boiling them IT IS IMPOSSIBLE not to stand there and dump salt on them, eat them and then be full by dinner time!

The recipe her way was:
New potatoes
Kosher salt
Pepper
Rosemary
Olive oil

Shannons recipe is new potatoes
Kosher salt
Pepper
Rosemary
Olive oil
BUTTER
and fresh chopped chives

Preheat oven to 450. Boil potatoes until fork tender. Cover sheet pan with olive oil. Place potatoes about 3 inches apart on pan. Take potato masher and gently press down. I found it worked better to hold a fork over the top of the masher to prevent the potatoes from coming out the top and breaking apart. After that I topped each potato with about 1 tsp of unsalted butter. Then I seasoned to taste with salt and pepper and used about a tsp of finely chopped rosemary. Bake for 20-25 minutes until potatoes begin to brown. Serve with chopped chives THEN DIE OF CRUNCHY GOODNESS!

No comments: